- Created on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 11:27
The Avanti Plus Triathlon took place in the weekend and featured it's higest number of entrants in five years.
Athletes had to complete a 750m swim, 21km cycle and a 4.5km run.
Five months after having her first child, Naomi Fergusson won the open women's age-group title with a time of 1h 10m 12s.
The fastest junior woman on the course was Tri Hawke's Bay Youth squad member Eva Goodisson, aged 16, who finished with a time of 1h 7m 28s which was almost a minute faster than she recorded last month.
Todd Burnard was the winner of the junior mens category with a time of 1:17:40 while Brent Healy won the open mens with a time of 1:00:02.
Women's team Cutta Time (Bridget Lodge and Ni'ia Hothersall) just beat Goodisson in 1h 6m 30s to take first place overall while veteran Jamie Campbell set a blistering pace to take the overall win for the men in 59m 51s.
- Created on Tuesday, 27 January 2015 10:52
Open beach volleyball tournament, open to all ages and to mixed teams.
On the beach volleyball court near the Hot Chick and the Cool Cat, games start at 10.30am, registration from 10am.
$5 per player, $10 per team.
Casual, social games, some spot prizes.
Bring your friends, bring your family and enjoy being active in the Hawkes Bay sun!
When: Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:30pm
Where: Port Ahuriri, 4 Harding Road, Napier
Restrictions: All Ages
Ticket Information: Competition entry: $5.00
Additional fees may apply
Website: Volleyball Hawke's Bay
- Created on Monday, 26 January 2015 11:36
Hawke's Bay softballers Courtney Gettins and Emma Houkamau are heading to America after they both scored United States Junior College scholarships.
In July, 18 year old pitcher Courtney will head to Florida Southwestern Junior College near Miami while 17 year old catcher Emma heads for Eastern Arizona Junior College in Thatcher.
Courtney will be the second member of her family to receive a softball scholarship in the States after her sister and White Sox teammate, catcher Melanie Gettins, completed one with Iona College in New York five years ago.
Emma and Courtney will hear next month if they have been successful in making the Junior White Sox side for the July Junior World Series in Oklahoma.
- Created on Monday, 26 January 2015 11:18
This concept merges your own individual ability and also having fun with a team at the same time.
The course is short, sharp and full of fun.
You do the whole triathlon yourself and then tag your team mate who does the same.
Teams have three people in each.
200m Swim, 7km Cycle, 2km Run then tag your team mate.
When: Sun 8 Feb 2015, 10:00am–1:00pm
Where: Pandora Pond, Humber Road, Ahuriri, Napier, Napier
Restrictions: All Ages
- Created on Monday, 26 January 2015 08:49
A 73rd minute winner from striker Jarrod Smith broke the deadlock at David Farrington Park on Sunday as Team Wellington maintained their place at the top of the ASB Premiership with a 1-0 win over Hawke's Bay United.
- Created on Thursday, 22 January 2015 12:16
The boards decision to place next year's Hawkes Bay Horse of the Year event management up for tender has disappointed Event Pro owner Kevin Hansen.
Mr Hansen had been the show's event manager for 18 years and said due to the uncertainty surrounding future events he is now moving to Australia.
With an extensive network of contacts in the equestrian world Mr Hansen will be a huge loss to the event which is touted to be one of the biggest sporting events in the Southern Hemisphere.
He said he was disheartened by the news but would still be putting in a tender for the contract as he felt it would be detrimental to the show if he was no longer event manager.
Last year the board reported a $108,000 loss and say although there is alot of admiration for Mr Hansen many of the competitors come to the show because of the calibre of the event and not out of loyalty to him.
- Created on Thursday, 22 January 2015 11:08
The NOBM side have made history after their premier cricket side earnt the right to play in the national premier inter-club men's championship playoffs following their win agains Top Pub Greytown CC (Wairarapa) in the weekend.
NOBM won by five wickets at Nelson Park, Napier, last Sunday in their qualifying match for the Central Districts region.
The team will now play against other qualifiers on Waitangi Day weekend on Friday, February 6, in Palmerston North where they will find out who their opponents will be from a hat.
Pivotal batsman Mathew Sinclair said for most NOBM players the upcoming matches will be a test of where they want to be in their careers.
- A Napier company is set to capture the on water action at the Easter Region surf champs.
- Annual Hawkes Bay cricket camp proves a breeding ground for success.
- The Hawkes Bay Under 17 Boys softball team finish 3rd in Hastings.
- First timer to Wairoa takes the Big Class
- The Hastings Open is on this month.
- Hawkes Bay United fall short in their loss to Auckland City.
- Jacko Gill throws a winning 20.06 metres at the Potts Classic in Hastings.
- First class races are expected at the Hastings DMP Raceday
- Hawke's Bay Festival of Hockey expands in 2015
- New BMX track could be a real draw card for Hawkes Bay.
- New Trustees sought for Hawkes Bay sports and events trust.
- Support Hawkes Bay as they compete in the NZ Under 17 Softball Champs in Hastings.
- Hawkes Bay pair moved to The Bay of Plenty to compete in this weekends National Sevens tournament.
- Hawkes Bay scores a trifecta at The Hub Three-Day Tour.
- Sport Hawkes Bay CEO calls it quits.
- National road championship is ready to move to Napier.
- Hawkes Bay United's first ASB 2015 match ends in a draw.
- Hawkes Bay United start 2015 in the top four of the ASB Premiership.
- Hawkes Bay Summer Fantasticks Holiday Programme.
- Hawkes Bay cricket team claim another victory.